The medieval civic tower of Potenza Picena was rebuilt in the eighteenth century. The works began on June 10th, 1732 with a solemn ceremony for the laying of the first stone.
Reaching towards the sky, the original tower was equipped with a pinnacle, designed by the architect Pietro Augustoni in the late eighteenth century. Unfortunately, the tower was struck by lightning. In 1886 it was rebuilt again, on a project by the engineer Gustavo Bevilacqua from Ancona.